Terms & Conditions
- 1.1. “Lalamove” refers to EASYVAN (SG) PTE. LTD., a company incorporated in Singapore with its registered office at 24 Sin Ming Lane, Midview City, #06-100 Singapore 573970, operating under the name "Lalamove" in Singapore.
- 1.2. “Participating Drivers” refers to drivers who have agreed to accept bookings through the Services offered by Lalamove;
- 1.3. “Services” refer to the operations managed by Lalamove to distribute your details and details of your proposed journey or delivery by vehicles submitted to Lalamove through the Software to Participating Drivers for their acceptance and to provide you with other information on the relevant Participating Drivers, the journey or delivery, and on your use of the Services;
- 1.4. “Shipment” means all packages, parcels, delivery items or any part of the articles therein or contents thereof that travel under one delivery request, proposed journey, consignment note and/or invoice and which may be carried by any means Lalamove chooses, including by land transportation or any other carrier. The service to be provided by Lalamove is limited to the pickup, transportation and delivery of the Shipment. Customer acknowledges that Shipments may be consolidated with tose of other requestor. Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided herein.
- 1.5. “Terms and Conditions” refer to the Terms and Conditions that apply to the Services as set out on “www.lalamove.com” and may be amended from time to time.
- 2.1. Waiting Time Charges: In the event that a user is late for pickup/drop off, a grace period of 10 minutes apply once driver has reached the pickup/dropoff location. Subsequently, a $2 charge apply for every 10 minutes and/or part thereof of waiting time.
Note: For immediate orders, the stipulated pickup time is defined by 20 minutes after a driver is matched to the order.
- 2.2. Overtime Charges: Van and lorry services are capped at 2 hours of service time upon arrival of driver or scheduled time of order, whichever is later. If service takes longer than 2 hours, a $10 charge apply for every 10 minutes and/or part thereof of overtime charge per hired help.
- 2.3. Total Charges of order comprises of the Standard Transport Fee plus any additional charges. Standard Transport Fee includes the transportation of the Shipment within the specific dimension and quantity to the recipient (inclusive of door to door services). Additional Charges apply for any additional requirement or parcel that exceed the specified maximum weight, size, or quantity.
- 2.4. For details about the cost of the transport and logistics services provided by the Participating Drivers, please refer to the latest pricing guidelines posted on www.lalamove.com and/or the App, which may be amended and updated at our sole discretion from time to time without prior notice.
- 2.5. Once a vehicle type and starting point/end point has been entered into the app / Website, it will provide Users with the delivery price. By confirming the delivery request, you accept to pay the delivery price quoted.
2.6. The User shall pay the Participating Drivers in cash all sums immediately when due, unless otherwise agreed by both parties.
2.7. No hardcopy receipt will be provided. An electronic receipt will be automatically provided only upon request after completion of an order, sent to an email address provided by the user with the activation of “E-Receipt” toggle in the mobile application.
3. User's Obligations
- 3.1. The User warrants that he is either the Owner or the authorised agent of the Owner of the Goods, and that he is authorised to accept and is accepting these Conditions not only for himself but also as agent for and on behalf of the Owner of the Goods.
- 3.2. Lalamove Singapore is responsible for all processed transactions that is matched and paid for through the payment methods made possible through the Lalamove platform. For agreed additional charges that are quoted by Participating Drivers, a flat rate will be quoted by Participating Drivers based on the information and requirements that User provides. The User shall give to the Participating Drivers sufficient, accurate and executable instructions. Any extra costs arising from the difference between the provided information and actual situation shall be borne by the User. Any amendment or change in order pricing is to be abided by, approved and updated in the Lalamove application. Any dispute management, refunds, cancellation or amendment to processed payments must be informed and directly managed by the Lalamove team.
- 3.3. The User warrants that he has complied with all laws and regulations relating to the nature, condition, packaging, handling, storage and carriage of the Goods. User shall not despatch and Participating Drivers reserve the right to refuse any articles that are prohibited by law, dangerous or hazardous materials, perishable substances, and radioactive material. The User is liable for any loss or damage suffered by any third party as a result of any breach of the terms. Participating Drivers will not open and inspect the Shipment, and bear no responsibility in any legal liability resulting from the transportation of the Shipment.
- 3.4. User shall ensure that Shipment is adequately packed to protect against damage in the course of transmission, and also that no part of the Shipment may be removed without the case, wrapper or container being torn or broken, a seal being broken or two adhesive surfaces being forced part.
- 3.5. User shall ensure that the Shipment is properly packaged so as to protect against damage to the Shipment during the course of delivery, and:
- in the case of a Shipment is of a fragile nature, that Shipment shall be packaged in a case or container of sufficient durability and strength and shall be encased in or surrounded by sufficient and suitable protective material inside that case or container such that the Shipment is guarded against damage that may result from any force, pressure or blows to which delivery items are ordinarily subject during the course of delivery and that such Shipment shall bear the word “FRAGILE” prominently displayed in capital letters on the face of the case or container and above the address of the named addressee; and
- in the case of a Shipment which is susceptible to damage by bending, that the Shipment shall be packed in a case or container of sufficient durability and strength to prevent the Shipment from being bent or otherwise damaged during the course of delivery and such case or container shall bear the words “DO NOT BEND” prominently displayed in capital letters on the face of the case or container and above the address of the named addressee.
- 3.6. Lalamove shall not be responsible to provide a protective service for the transportation of perishable commodities or commodities requiring protection from heat or cold. Such commodities will be accepted for transportation solely at the Customer’s risk for any damages arising from the transportation.
- 3.7. The User shall provide in respect of each Shipment all necessary information, including without limitation:
- The User’s name, address (including the postal code) and telephone number;
- The addressee’s name, delivery address (including the postal code) and telephone number;
- Special precautions to be taken in respect of the Shipment e.g. "FRAGILE", "PERISHABLE", "DO NOT BEND" etc.;
- For our COD service, please input your amount to be collected in the remark box; for smooth and fast cooperation.
- 3.8. In the event that the recipient is found to be absent from the address specified by you and no other person is present to take the Shipment, the Delivery Provider will contact you as the Delivery Requester to request further instructions on how to proceed. In the event you cannot be contacted either, you authorize us to decide on your behalf as we deem appropriate. You acknowledge that additional charges might arise as a result of Delivery Request completion failure due to missing recipient (e.g. cancellation fee, additional waiting time, new Delivery Request). We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to Lalamove and the Services at any time without advance notice or liability if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of these Terms or in our opinion you misuse Lalamove or the Services. This shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate to defend our rights or those of any other person.
4. Driver's Liability
- 4.1. Participating Drivers shall take all reasonable precaution to prevent unauthorised persons from having access to the Shipment and shall also take all reasonable precaution against loss of or damage to the Shipment.
- 4.2. Participating Drivers shall make reasonable effort to deliver the Shipment according to the respective delivery schedules, which are estimates only and not guaranteed. Participating Drivers shall however not be liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any delays in effecting delivery of the Shipment for whatever reasons.
- 4.3. Participating Drivers shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from or in connection with:
- The delivery of Shipment set out in Clauses 3.3;
- User’s failure to specify any precautions to be taken in respect of a Shipment, as required under Clauses 3.5
- Participating Driver’s failure to perform any of his/ her obligations hereunder as a consequence of circumstances outside his/her control;
- Any acts or omissions of any party other than the Participating Driver.
5. Lalamove’s Liability
- 5.1. Customer agrees that Lalamove’s liability in respect of the Shipment is strictly limited to direct loss only. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including but not limited to loss of profits, income, interest, future business, or loss of revenue resulting from loss of use), whether such loss or damage is special or indirect, and even if the risk of such loss or damage was brought to Lalamove’s attention before or after acceptance of the delivery request. Customer shall insure at its own costs against any risks in respect of the Shipment.
- 5.2. Lalamove’s total liability in respect of any Shipment shall be limited to its actual cash value but in any event shall not exceed SGD 200 (whichever is the lower). Customer shall not raise more than one claim for each Shipment and settlement of such claim shall be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection with such Shipment. If Customer considers these limits as insufficient to protect itself or the Shipment, then it must make its own insurance arrangements, failing which Customer shall assume all risks of loss or damage in respect of the Shipment. Lalamove shall not be under any liability to offer Customer’s cargo insurance or to buy any insurance in respect of the Shipment. Customer who needs cargo insurance or all risk insurance should purchase those insurances from third parties.
6. Exception to Lalamove’s liability
- 6.1. Lalamove shall not be liable for loss or damage arising from or in connection with:
- the delivery of any of the articles set out in Clause 3.3;
- the user’s failure to specify any special precautions to be taken in respect of a Shipment, as required under Clauses 3.5, on the address label, consignment note, waybill and/or invoice;
- the misalignment, wear and tear, de-arrangement, heat, mold, rot, discoloration, degeneration, explosion, ignition or the hazardous, perishable, corruptible, fragile, or brittle nature of the contents of the Shipment;
- delay or confiscation by any government authority due to the discovery of prohibited contents of the Shipment;
- Lalamove failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder as a consequence of circumstances outside its control, including without limitation any act of God such as weather conditions, flood or earthquake, work stoppages, strikes, industrial disputes, war, any act of government, accidents, traffic obstructions or congestion, mechanical breakdown, or other events of force majeure; or
- any acts or omissions of any party other than Lalamove, including and without limitation the user, the named addressee, any government official or any subcontractor engaged by customer.
- deliveries of bakery, cakes, flowers or related products by motorcycles in all cases due to the brittle nature of such products and inappropriate packaging
- 6.2. Lalamove will make every reasonable effort to execute the delivery request according to Lalamove’s delivery schedules prevailing from time to time, but these schedules are not binding and do not form part of the contract. Lalamove is not liable for any damages or loss caused by delays.
- 6.3. Lalamove shall not be liable for delay or non-delivery of a Shipment arising from or in connection with the detention of the Shipment by any government authority.
- 6.4. Lalamove shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage, including without limitation loss of profit, income, interest, future business or anticipated savings, even if the risk of such loss or damage was brought to Lalamove’s attention before or after acceptance of the Shipment.
- 6.5. For the avoidance of doubt, Lalamove shall not in any way be liable or responsible for a Delivery Item prior to the Shipment being accepted by Lalamove for delivery.
- 7.1. Any claims must be made within 24 hours after the delivery has been completed, failing which Lalamove shall have no liability whatsoever.
- 7.2. All claims must be made in writing, accompanied by the Delivery Order Number, contact information and other supporting documents requested by Lalamove and submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7.3. Claims are limited to one claim per Delivery Order, settlement of which shall be full and final settlement for all loss or damage in connection therewith.
- 7.4. Without prejudice to Clause 6 and provided that Lalamove is satisfied that the user’s claim is justified, Lalamove’s liability for any loss of or damage to the Delivery Item shall be limited to the value of the Delivery Item or SGD 200 per Delivery Order, whichever is lower.
- 7.5. In the case of damage to the Delivery Item, the amount of compensation by Lalamove shall be based on Lalamove’s assessment of the extent of the damage to and the actual cash value of the contents of the Delivery Item provided always that the amount of compensation shall not exceed the Compensation Limits. In the case of loss of or damage to the Delivery Item, Lalamove shall have the option of either replacing the Delivery Item or making monetary compensation within the Compensation Limits.
- 8.1. The Software is delivered to you on an “as is” basis and although Lalamove has used its best endeavors to ensure that the Software will work properly on your mobile device, Lalamove does not warrant the performance of the Software nor the compatibility of the Software with your mobile device.
- 8.2. Lalamove is a logistics platform service and the services provided are part of the on-demand sharing economy. Lalamove makes no guarantee of the availability of the Services, the availability of vehicles through the use of the Services, the accuracy of the data or information provided as part of the Services or the quality of the services of the Participating Drivers.
- 8.3. Lalamove shall not be liable for any damages, claims or costs whatsoever including any consequential, indirect, incidental damages or any loss of profit or damages to your mobile device as a result of your use of the Services or your installation and / or execution of the Software even if Lalamove or its representative has been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage or claim.
- 8.4. Lalamove shall not be liable for any loss or damages, including any injury which you may suffer as a result of your delivery, transportation or journey in the vehicle of a Participating Drivers hired through the Services and all your rights in relation thereto and in relation to the contract for hire between you and the relevant Participating Drivers shall be a matter between you and the relevant Participating Drivers.
- 8.5. Lalamove is not the agent of Participating Drivers or users and is not a party to the contract for the hiring of the Participating Drivers.
- 8.6. The foregoing limitations and exclusions apply to the extent permitted by law.
9. Personal Data and Privacy
- 9.1. You may be required to submit personal information to Lalamove in order to use certain function of the Software.
- 9.2. You agree that Lalamove can use your personal data (namely your name and contact number) as provided by you to Lalamove from time to time when you use the Software for the purpose of providing the Services.
- 9.3. You agree that Lalamove is entitled to collect, use, keep and update your personal data to such extent, for and at such time period as may be necessary when Lalamove provides the Services to you, and you confirm that the personal data so provided by you are true and correct and up to date.
- 9.4. You further expressly consent that Lalamove is entitled to transfer your personal data to the Participating Drivers as may be necessary including, without limitation for the purposes of sourcing a booking to be accepted by a vehicle’s driver, confirmation/clarification of the booking information between you and the vehicle’s driver, and tracking the booked vehicles when Lalamove provides the Services to you.
- 9.6. You agree that personal information such as your name, contact number and email address can be used for all promotional and marketing efforts of Lalamove.
- 9.7. If you no longer wish to receive promotional materials from Lalamove, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com, and no further information will be sent to your email address.
- 10.1. Lalamove may from time to time amend the terms of these Terms and Conditions by “www.lalamove.com” and such shall be binding on you upon posting.
- 10.2. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- 10.3. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- 10.4. Lalamove reserves the right to change the above Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
11. Rules of Usage
- 11.1. You shall not use the Software for or to promote any illegal acts.
- 11.2. You shall not use the Software to produce any email advertisements or spam emails.
- 11.3. You shall not use the Software in any way to track, stalk, harass or hurt any person.
- 11.4. You shall not in any way interrupt/destroy the operation of the Software or the servers/network that linked with the Software; Nor violate the network requirements, process, or terms and conditions that were mentioned when using the Software.
12. Returns, refunds or cancellations policy
- No cancellation fees are chargeable as long as order is cancelled and communicated 30 minutes before the start of the order pick up time. As long as an order is cancelled, Lalamove app wallet will automatically undo the transaction for debiting of funds.
- Lalamove’s promotions are introduced from time to time. All promotions provided are subject to the prevailing regulatory requirements. Lalamove reserves the right to revise, suspend or terminate these requirements or Terms and Conditions at any time and Lalamove may withdraw the offer at its discretion without prior notice.