Lalamove (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit Lalamove.com (our “Website”) or use our mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Through our mobile applications you download from the iOS App Store or Google Play store.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you provide it to us by contacting our customer service.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lalamove or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services or on or through any of their features/register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The users of our Services are either our Delivery Partners or those who use the Services to arrange a delivery from one of our Delivery Partners. We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, login information, etc. (“personal information”);
- Specifically, we may collect the following personal information from our Delivery Partners:
- Phone Number
- Copy of the Delivery Partner’s driver’s license
- Emergency contact information
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Mailing address
- The Delivery Partner’s vehicle information, including license plate number
- The Delivery Partner’s insurance information, including a copy of the insurance card
- Banking information for payment
- that you provide to us about your experiences with the Services, including your feedback, ratings, and compliments;
- that you provide to us during your use of the Services, such as when you use our in-app communication features;
- that is about your transaction information and history, such as payment method and distance travelled;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location information (to detect pick-up locations and abnormal route variations); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, interact with us, enroll with our Services, or enroll to become a Delivery Partner.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use or subscribing to the Services, posting material, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Services
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third-parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Your location data through GPS and other geolocation devices or applications that you enable on your computer or other personal device.
- Information about your personal device used to access the Services.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org here or information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Services and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical or location data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third-parties. It helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We use Google Analytics to analyze how users use our various Company websites. Google Analytics is an internet analysis service provided by Google. In order to consolidate feedback and share with other Google services, Google will use collected data to track and analyze the behavior of users of our websites. Google may use this collected data to customize and personalize its internet advertising.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Services and their contents to you.
- To provide reliable and convenient delivery services and features;
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Services and users;
- To enable communications between users;
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users (further details below);
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lalamove’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lalamove about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lalamove, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out via the unsubscribe link in the email. To opt-out of using SMS, we provide a link where you may fill out a brief form to instruct us of your desire to opt out. in a brief form to opt out.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or through mobile applications is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.