Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 17th Dec 2020
By registering as an Lalamove driver, you agree to and conform to the following driver etiquette and rules. They are also tips that can actually help you grow your business on our platform and make more money more easily ;)
- Be helpful and polite to your customers. At Lalamove we aim to build a platform for quality drivers so they no longer have to compete on price, but instead make a reputation for themselves with their work and service. This would get you more customers and jobs as you accumulate good ratings from satisfied customers.
- After taking an order, you will be able to see the customer’s contact info on the order details page. Make sure to contact your customer right away, or once your vehicle is stopped if you are driving. This is your first interaction with your customers and your responsiveness will play a big role to impress them.
- Total fare of your service equals to Standard Transport Fee plus any additional charges. If your customer has any special requests that are not part of the price shown in the app, e.g. wrapping service (to be charged at $20 per piece of furniture), disposal service, assembly service, storage service etc., it is the driver’s responsibility to communicate with Lalamove on the extra charges before communicating the charges to the customer and before commencing the job. Never over-charge your customers.
- If it is a delivery job, please call the recipient at least 15 minutes before your arrival to confirm the delivery time. If you have difficulty reaching the recipient or if the recipient is absent when you arrive the destination, please contact the sender to seek for instructions. If you do not receive a response from the sender either, please notify us via live chat on the driver's app. Do not proceed to the location unless you have received instructions to go ahead, from the customer or our platform.
- Be punctual and always arrive on time. Customers can track your arrival in their app so please be honest with them on your estimated arrival time.
- If there is any legitimate, specific reason that you have to reject an order that you have taken, you will be prompted to contact us at 6631 8383. Please don’t have a habit of cancelling taken orders, as frequent cancellation of orders without valid reasons will have an impact on your performance ratings and if repetitive, may lead to a permanent ban from Lalamove platform.
- If you are unable to perform a job assignment that you have taken up, please contact us. Please do not distribute taken jobs to other drivers. It confuses and betrays the trust of our customers if the actual driver is different from the one they see in app. We work hard to help make life easier for the licensed and verified drivers on our platform and will not hesitate to ban any driver who break this rule and confiscate his deposit.
- When you have finished a trip, click on the “Order Completed” button on the page to rate your customer. We want to connect you with our best customers so please let us know about your comments on the customers and their orders you have taken.
- Keep track of your schedule with your order list in the history tab. Customers rely on and put a lot of trust in their drivers. Frequent no-shows for scheduled orders will result in lower driver ratings and will possibly be banned from our platform.
- Please make sure you or your vehicle are not branded with logos or banners of similar app platforms. When customers place an order through Lalamove they are looking for a reputable Lalamove driver. Mutual Respect ;)
- Please do not perform any job assignments outside the platform, in particular with corporate clients whom you have been matched with through the Lalamove platform. We work hard to build a platform that customers can trust. Drivers who are caught breaking this rule or who are reported by customers for touting services outside the platform will be permanently banned and their deposit will be confiscated.
- Your driver wallet can be topped up at any time by using the Lalamove driver's application. Go to the wallet section and press top up; minimum top-up is S$20.00 and there will be an additional 4.00% in bank transaction charges per transaction. The amount will be automatically credited immediately after successful top up.
- Disclaimer & license: Click here
- Payments on the Service
14.1 Payments quoted are in Singapore currency and include Singapore Goods and Service Tax, where applicable.
14.2 Lalamove has the absolute right to revise the prices of any credit packages or credit amount/limits where applicable without giving prior notice.
14.3 Any application/request for service is subjected to availability of resources. In the event any application submitted is not processed, Lalamove shall inform the User by email at the email address specified by the User
14.4 Lalamove shall process the application/request for top-up only after the User's Payment is cleared by the bank appointed by Lalamove and upon approval by Lalamove.
14.5 Lalamove reserves the right to refund to the User the equivalent sum of amount paid in the event Lalamove for any reason is unable to process the application/request of Packages/Fees.
14.6 Credits sold are not exchangeable, returnable nor refundable.
14.7 By signing up as a driver partner with Lalamove, you authorize Easyvan(SG) Pte Ltd to quote the service fee on your behalf as per the pricing rates stated on our platform.
14.8 Acting as an agent between you and the users, Easyvan(SG) Pte Ltd reserves the rights to claw back all payments made to you in the following scenario: The user defaults any payments to Easyvan(SG) Pte Ltd.
15.1 Where appropriate, Lalamove employs available technology to protect the security of communications made. However, Lalamove does not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications.
15.2 Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite Lalamove’s best efforts, Lalamove makes no warranties that the Website is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
15.3 You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure.
15.4 These include installing a personal firewall and latest anti-virus software on your computer, and clearing your Internet browser cookies, cache and history after using any services on the Website.
15.5 For more details on the essential infocomm security tips, please visit: http://www.singcert.org.sg/awareness/.
- Cancellation of order
16.1 Drivers reserve the rights to cancel the order if the waiting time exceed 30 minutes starting from the indicated order pickup time chosen by the user.
16.2 In such scenario, drivers will not be liable for any disruption to users’ deliveries.
16.3 In such scenario, drivers will not be able to claim for any waiting time charges and/or cancellation fees from users or Lalamove.
16.4 Clause 16.1 is not applicable for orders carried out within Secured Zones, drivers who cancel such order would be subjected to revocation of their Lalamove account.
- Engagement of services outside Lalamove platform
17.1 Drivers should not engage with our customers outside of Lalamove's platform directly/indirectly within a period of 12 months after the order is being completed.
17.2 Should customer have special requirements not catered within the Lalamove platform, drivers are obligated to direct customer to our sales team at email@example.com and we would be more than happy to assist them.
- Purchasing service
18.1 Drivers reserves the rights to cancel the order if the purchase order does not fulfill any of the following conditions :
18.1.1 The price of goods does not exceed S$75 **
18.1.2 Item is below 8 kg and within 40 cm x 25 cm x 25 cm (Motorcycle order)
18.1.3 Purchases are either goods or services
18.1.4 Able to wait for delivery within 2 hours
18.1.5 It has 1 purchasing point only
18.2 In such scenario, drivers will not be liable for any disruption to users' deliveries.
18.3 In such scenario, drivers will not be able to claim for any waiting time charges and/or cancellation fees from users or Lalamove.
18.4 Drivers will not able to claim for any compensation in the event of non-payment by customers.