Last Modified: 30 August 2023
• you will comply with these Terms;
• you will comply with Community Guidelines; and
• you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence and otherwise legally competent to enter into contracts
• you also acknowledge and agree that you have the authority to enter into these Terms personally and, if applicable, on behalf of any organization on whose behalf you have enrolled for use of the Platform and to bind such organization to these Terms.
Our ServicesThe services provided by Lalamove (“Services”) are meant to connect Users and independent third-party delivery partners (“Delivery Partner”) who provide transportation, logistics and/or delivery services. The transportation and/or logistics services provided by the Delivery Partner could be availed/requested through the use of the Platform supplied by Lalamove.You acknowledge that Lalamove by itself or any of its affiliates does not own, employ, or provide transportation and/or logistics services or function as a transportation carrier and that all such transportation, or logistics services provided are provided independently by Delivery Partners under a Contract of Private Carriage between you and the Delivery Partner.
Use of the SoftwareWhile using the software provided by Lalamove (“Software”) you agree that:• you are permitted to install a copy of the Software on your mobile device for your use;
• you are not permitted to rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, or transfer copies of the Software or the license for the use of the Software to any third parties;
• you shall not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Platform or any network connected to the Platform nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Platform or any network connected to the Platform;
• you shall not modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate the Software or create derivative works based on the Software;
• you shall not interrupt the normal operation of the Software, or use any methods to export or modify the source code of the Software;
• you shall not upload or send out any kinds of computer viruses, worms, trojans, or malicious codes;
• you shall not install and/or execute the Software on any device other than the mobile device and web running the operating systems approved by Lalamove; and
• other than the license to use the Software granted hereof, no other license or right is hereby granted to you and the ownership of the Software and all other rights are hereby expressly reserved by Lalamove and its suppliers.
• the Platform and Services provided will solely be used by you, for your personal use and will not be resold to any third party;
• you will not authorize others to use your Account;
• you are only allowed to open a single Account;
• transferring of your Account to any other person or legal entity is not permitted;
• you cannot use an account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization;
• Lalamove holds the right to include/exclude the Users from promotional offers;
• the Services cannot be used for unlawful purposes, including but not limited to (i) violation of Applicable Law; (ii) storing or sending any unlawful material; (iii) sharing of sensitive personal information of others, without their consent (iv) causing intentional harm, nuisance, inconvenience or annoyance; (v) impairing or harming the proper operation of the Services; (vi) exhibiting the tenor of impersonating another person; or (vii) copying or distributing the Services without the permission of Lalamove;
• your password or any identification credentials that Lalamove provides to you should be secure and confidential;
• proof of identity or other documentation needs to be submitted immediately if requested by Lalamove;
• compliance with all the Applicable Law is a must while using the Services;
• you will not engage with the Delivery Partner outside of the Platform directly or indirectly;
• you shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Platform or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Platform or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Platform. Lalamove reserves the right to bar any such activity;
• you shall not attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Platform;
• you shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Platform;
• you shall not engage in threatening, harassing, discriminatory (based on race, gender, age, disability, or any other protected classification) or any other behavior that Lalamove deems inappropriate when using the Services; and
CommunicationBy creating an Account, you electronically agree to accept and receive communications from Lalamove including via email, text message, calls, and push notifications to the mobile device or cellphone number you provide to Lalamove. You understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver pre-recorded messages sent by or on behalf of Lalamove, its affiliated companies and/or third-party contractors, including but not limited to communications concerning orders placed through your registration with respect to the Services. You may opt out by changing your notification preferences. Please note that opting out may impact your use of the Services.
Promotional Offers and CreditsLalamove, at its sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different rates to any User. These promotional offers are subject to these Terms and may be valid only for certain Users as indicated in the offer.You agree that promotional offers:• may only be used by the intended audience, for the intended purpose, and in a lawful manner;
• may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public, unless expressly permitted by Lalamove;
• are subject to the specific terms that Lalamove establishes for such promotional offers;
• cannot be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent; and
• are not valid for use after the date indicated in the promotional offer.• Lalamove reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or benefits obtained through a promotional offer in the event that Lalamove determines or believes that the redemption of the promotion or receipt of the credit or benefit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable promotion terms or these Terms. Lalamove reserves the right to modify or cancel an offer at any time for any reason without liability to Lalamove. Lalamove may also offer gratuitous credits to Users, which can be used for the Services. Any credit issued by Lalamove is subject to the specific terms that Lalamove establishes and may not be redeemed for cash or cash equivalent. Upon expiration, credits will be removed from your Account. Expired credits are no longer redeemable.
Other Third Party InteractionsWhile using or accessing the Platform, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third-party service providers, advertisers, or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Platform. Any such activity, terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, are solely between you and the applicable third-party. Lalamove and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase, transaction or promotion between you and any such third-party. Lalamove has no responsibility or liability arising from any agreements between you and such third-party providers.
Payments on the ServicesExcept in relation to Corporate Account User, use of the Platform is free of cost, but Lalamove reserves the right to introduce a fee for the use of the Platform. (If we introduce this fee you will be notified and accordingly, you can decide to continue or terminate your Account).While using the Services you understand and agree that:• Lalamove, for its own and on behalf of the Delivery Partner, shall charge you any applicable tolls, taxes and any other fees that may be due for a particular use of the Service (“Charges”) for the transportation services and other services provided to you by the Delivery Partner. Lalamove shall charge you the corresponding convenience fee for the use of the Software. Payment of the Charges in such manner shall be considered the same as Charges made directly by you to the Delivery Partner and such Charges may fluctuate from time to time subject to supply and demand and any other factors;• the Charges is due upon the order is placed and will be deducted from your Lalamove Wallet or preferred payment method designated in your Account;
• the Charges paid are non-refundable, unless otherwise determined by Lalamove on a case-by-case basis;
• Charges quoted are in Philippine Pesos and applicable taxes where required by law;
• any priority fee or add-on fee is voluntary, however, once you select to pay those fees, they will be added into the Charges and you are obliged to pay them;
• Lalamove reserves all right to adjust the charges based on actual circumstances;
• any application/request for service is subject to availability of resources. In the event any application submitted is not processed, Lalamove shall inform the User by email, text message, calls, or push notifications to the mobile device or cellphone number you provide to Lalamove;
• Lalamove reserves its full discretion to determine whether to refund to the User the equivalent sum of amount paid in the event Lalamove for any reason is unable to process the application/request;
• You may elect to cancel your request for services from the Delivery Partner at any time prior to the arrival of Delivery Partner, in which case you may be charged a cancellation fee without prior notice;
• receipt is issued to the User when the payment for top-up or Charges is successful. Negative balance in Lalamove Wallet may lead to the unavailability of the Services.
• You can choose to pay for the Charges by the following methods:
Cash Payment:Cash payment towards the Charges shall be borne by you.Electronic Payment Gateways:You may settle the Charges through third-party Electronic Payment Gateways. The process of the payment is subject to the confirmation from the third-party payment processor ("Payment Processor"). Lalamove is not responsible for any errors on the Payment Processor’s end. Lalamove shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your Electronic Payment Gateways during or after availing the Services.Lalamove Wallet:Lalamove offers you the facility to make top-up and purchase credits through Lalamove Wallet. This facility is only allowed for IN-APP service requests.Lalamove has the absolute right to revise the prices of any credit packages or credit amount/limits where applicable without giving prior notice.All credits are pre-paid and are not exchangeable, returnable nor refundable once sold unless required by the Applicable Law or otherwise determined by Lalamove at its own discretion.You may top up your Lalamove Wallet through the following means:• Electronic Payment Gateways
You may top-up and purchase credit through Lalamove Wallet powered by a Payment Processor. The processing of the credit of the balance in your Lalamove Wallet is subject to the confirmation from the Payment Processor. Lalamove is not responsible for any errors on the Payment Processor’s end. Lalamove shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use of your E-Wallet payment instruments during or after your top-up of your Lalamove Wallet.
• Credit Card:
Lalamove offers you the facility to make payments through a credit card enabled by Payment Gateways (“PGs”) or Payment Processors provided by any of Lalamove’s affiliates or partners or unrelated third parties. You agree and undertake to share relevant payment details including credit/debit card details (“Card Details”) with the PGs and the Payment Processors for the successful completion of payment towards total transaction amount to Lalamove and authorize the PGs and the Payment Processors to complete such transactions. In this respect, it is clarified that all PGs and the Payment Processors whose services are utilized for the purposes of the Services shall be PCI-DSS (“Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard”) compliant. Your authorization will remain in effect as long as you maintain an Account in the Platform. In the event you delete your Card Details with the PG or the Payment Processors or if you delete your Account, the PGs or the Payment Processors will not process any further transactions initiated by you. Your authorization under this clause is subject to any other terms and conditions of the PGs and the Payment Processors. Lalamove shall not be responsible for any issue from payments via credit/debit cards.
Any payment-related issue, except when such issue is due to an error or fault of Lalamove, shall be resolved between you and the PGs or Payment Processors. The processing of the credit or payment, as applicable, are subject to all applicable terms and conditions, privacy policies and other terms of applicable PGs or Payment Processors and your credit/debit card scheme in addition to these Terms. Lalamove cannot be held responsible for any errors or faults resulted from the Payment Processors.
Lalamove shall process the application/request for top-up through bank-in only after the User's payment is cleared by the bank appointed by Lalamove and upon approval by Lalamove.
Intellectual Property OwnershipLalamove alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related intellectual property rights, in and to the Platform and the Services. These Terms do not constitute a sale and do not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the Platform and the Services, or any intellectual property rights owned by Lalamove. Company names, logos, and the product names associated with the Platform and the Services are trademarks and/or intellectual property of Lalamove or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them. You agree that you will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Platform and the Services.By providing content, information or materials (“User Content”) to Lalamove, you grant Lalamove a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised, without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.You acknowledge that Lalamove only acts as a passive channel for the distribution of the User Content and is not responsible or liable to you or to any third party for the content or accuracy of the User Content. Lalamove shall not continuously monitor User Content published by you or moderate between Users, nor shall Lalamove be under an obligation to do so. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any remarks, opinions, comments, suggestions, and other information expressed or included in the User Content do not necessarily represent those of Lalamove.Any use by you of the User Content is entirely at your own risk. You represent and warrant that any User Content posted or transmitted by you is original to you and does not copy the work of any third party or otherwise infringe any third party intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or personality rights and does not contain any defamatory or disparaging statements. Furthermore, you represent and warrant that you have the capacity to grant the license as stipulated in this paragraph.You agree to indemnify and keep Lalamove, its affiliates and licensors indemnified against all costs, expenses, damages, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered by Lalamove or its affiliated companies related to any User Content posted or transmitted by you or your other use of the website, the Service or the Application.Lalamove reserves the right at its sole discretion to block or remove (in whole or in part) any User Content posted or transmitted by you and which Lalamove believes is not in accordance with these Terms (including materials which infringe or may infringe third-party intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or personality rights), or is otherwise unacceptable to us.Lalamove respects your rights to your ideas, please do not submit any confidential ideas, information, or suggestions in any form to Lalamove or any of its affiliates. For any ideas, information, or suggestions you do submit, regardless of what your communication regarding your submissions says, you understand that your submissions are voluntary and the following terms shall apply to your submissions: (i) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Lalamove, without any compensation to you; (ii) Lalamove has no obligation to review your submissions; (iii) Lalamove may implement and distribute any portion of your submissions and their contents for any purpose in any way, without any compensation to you; and (iv) Lalamove has no obligation to keep your submissions confidential.You may use information on the Platform purposely made available by Lalamove for downloading from the Platform, provided that you:• do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents and make no modifications to the information;• use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media; and• do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such information.These Terms do not constitute a sale and do not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the website, the Application or the Service, or any intellectual property rights owned by Lalamove.
DisclaimersThe Services are provided "as is" and "as available." Lalamove makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, or availability of the Services or any services requested through the use of the Services, or that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free.Lalamove does not guarantee the quality, suitability, safety, or ability of third-party providers. You agree that the entire risk arising out of your use of the Services, and any service or good requested in connection therewith, remains solely with you, to the maximum extent permitted under Applicable Law.Lalamove does not control, manage, or direct any third-party providers including Delivery Partner. Third-party providers are not actual agents, apparent agents, ostensible agents, or employees of Lalamove.Lalamove does not control, endorse, or take responsibility for any User Content or third-party content available on or linked to by the Services. Lalamove cannot and does not represent or warrant that the services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of LiabilityLalamove is not responsible and shall not be held liable for:• damage/defect/change of item/property from its original state due to substandard packaging;• item/property already damaged/defective/changed before the start of the transportation;• quality of the Services as it is entirely dependent on the Delivery Partner, who is ultimately providing you the transportation and/or logistics services;• any booking that is not accepted;• any damages resulting from the use of or inability to use the Services, including damages caused by wrong usage of the Services, error in call centre number, network issues, malware, viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness;• appropriateness of mobile or email or any other communication medium. You shall be responsible for immediately reporting the errors, if any, occurred in the information sent to you regarding booking confirmation;• any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or for any damages whatsoever including profit and loss, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Lalamove has been advised of the possibility; and• any lost items during the Services, Lalamove will try to locate the items on a "best-effort" basis but is not responsible for any loss or damages of such items.Without limiting the foregoing, to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law and except if otherwise agreed in a separate agreement with respect to Corporate Account User, in no event will Lalamove aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the Services rendered hereunder, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, product liability, or other theory), warranty, or otherwise, exceed the amount of three times the Charges of the order, PHP 2,000.00 (for vehicle type of motorcycle), or PHP 3,000.00 (for other vehicle types) (whichever is less).Any claim with respect to the Services must be made by the claimant within 24 hours (for perishable items) and within 3 business days (for non-perishable items) from the expected order completion date as indicated in the transaction details on the Platform Lalamove reserves the right to reject any claim made or submitted beyond the said period. The claimant must submit claims via Lalamove Live Chat with our customer service team and provide all necessary evidence to substantiate the claim including value of the items.
IndemnityBy accepting these Terms and using the Service, you agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold Lalamove, its affiliates, its licensors, and each of their officers, directors, other users, employees, attorneys and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with:• your violation or breach of any term of these Terms or any Applicable Law or regulation, whether or not referenced herein;• your violation of any rights of any third party, including Delivery Partner arranged via the Platform; or• your use or misuse of the Service.
Governing LawExcept as otherwise set forth in these Terms, these Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. In the case of cross-jurisdictional orders (e.g. Philippines users placing Hong Kong order), Lalamove reserves all rights and shall have full discretion to decide on the applicable terms and conditions on a case-to-case basis. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be settled by mediation, arbitration or courts of Philippines or Hong Kong as Lalamove deems appropriate.
GeneralThese Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Lalamove without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void. These Terms binds and inures to the benefit of each party and the party’s successors and permitted assigns. If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under any law, such provision or part thereof shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms but the legality, validity and enforceability of the other provisions in these Terms shall not be affected. In that event, the parties shall replace the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or part thereof with a provision or part thereof that is legal, valid and enforceable and that has, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect as the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or part thereof, given the contents and purpose of these Terms.
Language VersionsIn case of any discrepancy between the English version and any regional language version, the English version prevails.
Corporate Account User Specific ProvisionsIn addition to the Terms, this section applies to you ("Company”) and your authorized personnel upon your completion of sign-up of Corporate Account at https://web.lalamove.com/register/business.15.1 Corporate Account UserYou acknowledge and understand that your authorized personnel (“Authorized User”) must (i) download and install the Application on a compatible device, (ii) register for and maintain an active personal Account (“Active Account“) until the Corporate Account is terminated.You shall provide Lalamove with (i) such Active Account holder’s name, (ii) the Active Account holder’s company email address on the top-level domain of yours (e.g., email@example.com), and (iii) other identifying information about the Active Account holder as reasonably requested by Lalamove. Lalamove will identify the Active Account and link such Active Account with your Corporate Account. The Authorized User will be able to access Corporate Account features upon the satisfaction of the above steps ("Corporate Account User”).You will be responsible for any acts or activities of the Corporate Account User. The Corporate Account User shall be entitled to access to (i) Corporate Order Record, (ii) Corporate Wallet, (iii) Corporate Favorite Drivers, (iv) Corporate Statements. You agree to pay all charges incurred under Corporate Order Record, as well as any applicable fees incurred by Corporate Account Users.15.2 Account AdministrationLalamove’s primary contact with you shall be by way of your appointed administrator set forth in the sign-up page (“Company Admin”). The Corporate Account's page may enable you to (a) view a current list of all Authorized Users who have been invited and Corporate Account User who have been linked, (b) provide additional Data to invite additional Authorized Users, (c) revoke any Corporate Account User’s access (d) view relevant order information and review balance activity using Portal Data, (e) manage and update the Authorized Users on file, (f) view current, appoint new, and remove Company Admins. You agree to use Portal Data solely for legitimate business purposes including, but not limited to, business expense processing, accounting, and budgeting purposes. Lalamove reserves the right to add, remove, and update features and functionality of the Corporate Account at any time without any notice to you.You agree to (a) maintain all Portal login credentials in confidence, (b) only permit the Company Admin to access the Portal, and (c) update all information of the Company Admins to ensure that it is current, accurate, and complete. You shall be responsible for all activities that occur under your Portal login credentials including keeping and maintaining an accurate list of Authorised Users and current Corporate Account User.15.3 Charges and Corporate WalletChargesLalamove reserves the right to charge a premium for Corporate Account.Lalamove Corporate WalletIn the Corporate Account, Lalamove offers you the facility to make top-up and purchase credits through Lalamove Wallet. This facility is only allowed for IN-APP service requests.Lalamove has the absolute right to revise the prices of any credit packages or credit amount/limits where applicable without giving prior notice.All credits are pre-paid and are not exchangeable to Personal Account Wallet, returnable nor refundable once sold unless required by the Applicable Law or otherwise determined by Lalamove at its own discretion.You agree that Company is responsible for all charges incurred under the Corporate Account or by Corporate Account User regardless of whether such charge is authorized by Company.15.4 API AccessLalamove provides service via API integration, you can refer to detail. Lalamove API Terms & Conditions.15.5 WarrantiesYou further represent and warrant that: (a) you have all rights and permissions necessary to provide Lalamove with the Data and any other information provided to Lalamove hereunder in connection with the Service; (b) you have obtained consent from the Authorised Users to provide Lalamove with any personal data in connection with the Service, (c) you have notified, and obtained consent from Authorised Users that Lalamove will provide them with detailed order information for the Services or other bookings charged to your Corporate User Account.15.6 Protection PromisesLoss, theft, damage, or destruction of Shipments of orders made by selected Corporate Account Users are subject to the protection promises made available by Lalamove in accordance with Goods Protection Promises. Lalamove reserves the right to select Corporate Account Users covered by the Goods Protections.
By accessing or using the Software, you hereby expressly affirm that:
- you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence and legally competent to enter into contracts; and
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SOFTWARE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY “DISCLAIMER” AND “INDEMNIFICATION”. THESE PROVISIONS LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU.
The services provided by Lalamove (“Services”) are meant to connect persons, whether natural or juridical, who install or utilize a copy of the User applications, whether mobile or through the website (“User Software”), (the “Users”) and Delivery Partners, for the Delivery Partners to provide Private Carrier Services for the account of the Users. “Private Carrier Services” means the services provided by a Participating Driver for the account of a User, including the pickup, transportation, and delivery of the User’s shipment from and to stated locations in the Philippines using a booked vehicle (“Shipment Delivery”), as well as any add-on services.
You acknowledge and agree that Lalamove only provides you and Users with neutral, independent third-party information matching the offer to provide Private Carrier Services, on one hand, and the User’s intent to engage the Private Carrier Services, on the other. The Shipment Delivery and Private Carrier Services provided by Delivery Partners shall not be deemed to be provided by Lalamove. You acknowledge that Lalamove is not responsible for your acts and/or omissions as a Delivery Partner, and any liability in relation to the Shipment Delivery shall be borne by you as a Delivery Partner.
While using the Software provided by Lalamove, you agree that:
- you are not permitted to rent, lease, sublicense, distribute or transfer copies of the Software or the license for the use of the Software to any third parties;
- you shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Software or any network connected to the Software nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Software or any network connected to the Software;
- you shall not modify, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate the Software or create derivative works based on the Software;
- you shall not interrupt the normal operation of the Software, or use any methods to export or modify the source code of the Software;
- you shall not upload or send out any kinds of computer viruses, worms, trojans, or malicious codes;
- you shall not install and/or execute the Software on any device other than the mobile device running the operating systems approved by Lalamove;
- you shall not allow access to the Software by any party not duly authorized by Lalamove; and
- other than the license to use the Software granted herein, no other license or right is hereby granted to you, and the ownership of the Software and all other rights are hereby expressly reserved by Lalamove and its suppliers.
You acknowledge that you as a Delivery Partner has the option to use Lalamove collaterals such as uniform, jackets and IDs, and the Lalamove Insulated Bag (the “Lalabag”) (collectively, the “Collaterals”). You acknowledge that the use of the Lalabag shall be subject to the relevant agreement pertaining to the sale and use of such Lalabag and for which purpose, you authorize Lalamove to deduct from the Driver Wallet or from the Security Deposit.
You, as Delivery Partner, undertake to use Collaterals, particularly the Lalabag, containing the Lalamove brand with care and shall always conduct yourself in a responsible manner so as not to cause damage and harm to the Lalamove brand, and that you shall not use the Lalabag for illegal activities. You shall indemnify Lalamove and be held liable from any claims or liabilities arising from the breach of this provision.
You acknowledge that, if you are accredited in Cebu with 600kg pick-ups, you shall install the Lalamove sticker on your vehicle as part of the accreditation process. For this purpose, you and/or the owner of the vehicle agree to sign and execute the Advertising Agreement with Lalamove.
You acknowledge that any unauthorized use of the Lalamove brand, logo, and collaterals is a violation of the intellectual property rights of Lalamove and may be subject to criminal action.4. DELIVERY FREELANCER ACCOUNT
In order for you to use the Services, you are required to register for a Delivery Partner Account (“Delivery Partner Account”) with Lalamove. Once your registration is successfully completed with Lalamove, you will be provided with a Delivery Partner Account, accessible with a password of your choice.
You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Services. Lalamove does not guarantee that the Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or device. Lalamove reserves the right to unilaterally terminate the use of the Services should you be using the Service in an incompatible or unauthorized device, or when the security of your Delivery Partner Account has been compromised in any way, or for any reason we may find just.
While using the Services, you agree that:
- you shall only access the Services using means explicitly authorized by Lalamove;
- the Software and Services provided will solely be used by you, for your personal use and will not be resold to any third party;
- you warrant that you are the exclusive user of the mobile number registered with the Software;
- you will immediately inform Lalamove of any loss or change in the mobile number you are using for the software;
- you will not authorize others to use your Delivery Partner Account;
- you are only allowed to open a single Delivery Partner Account;
- transferring of your Delivery Partner Account to any other person or legal entity is not permitted;
- you cannot use an account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization;
- the Services cannot be used for unlawful purposes, including but not limited to (i) violation of Applicable Law; (ii) storing or sending any unlawful material; (iii) sharing of sensitive personal information of others, without their consent (iv) causing intentional harm, nuisance, disparagement, inconvenience or annoyance; (v) impairing or harming the proper operation of the Services; (vi) exhibiting the tenor of impersonating another person; or (vii) copying or distributing the Services without the permission of Lalamove;
- your password or any identification credentials that Lalamove provides to you should be secure and confidential;
- proof of identity or other documentation must be submitted immediately if requested by Lalamove;
- you shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", or other automatic device, program, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Software or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Software or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Software. Lalamove reserves the right to bar any such activity;
- you shall not attempt to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Software;
- you shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Software; and
- you shall not engage in threatening, harassing, discriminatory (based on race, gender, age, disability, or any other protected classification) or any other behavior that Lalamove deems inappropriate when using the Services.
You, as the Delivery Partner, hereby irrevocably make the following warranties and representations:
- After obtaining the information of Users and shipments, you shall verify such information by yourself. As the Delivery Partner, you shall, at your own discretion, make the decision whether to accept and provide the Shipment Delivery after properly verifying the information obtained;
- You understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all delivery schedules established between you and User. You shall make all reasonable efforts to deliver the shipment according to the respective delivery schedules and special instructions established with User;
- You shall be solely responsible for any and all claims, judgments and liabilities resulting from any accident, loss or damage including, but not limited to, personal injuries, death, total loss and property damage which is due to or is alleged to be a result of the Shipment Delivery provided by you;
- You shall be responsible for the contents of all shipments and all damage or loss to shipments upon taking delivery. You shall take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized persons from having access to the shipment and shall also take all reasonable precautions against loss of or damage to the shipment;
- You shall, at all times while you are providing the Shipment Delivery, hold a valid driver’s license and all other required licenses, permits, registrations, approvals and/or authorities required to provide Shipment Delivery within the jurisdiction in which you will provide Shipment Delivery. In order for Lalamove to comply with any obligations applicable to it, you will, upon request by Lalamove, provide copies in the form required by Lalamove of all licenses, permits, registrations, approvals and/or authorities as requested from time to time;
- Aside from the Software, you shall be responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to perform the Shipment Deliveries. You shall hold title or otherwise have sufficient rights in the equipment you will use to provide Shipment Delivery. Delivery Partner is solely responsible for maintaining all such equipment and ensuring such equipment complies with all legal, safety, and quality standards. Except as otherwise required by Applicable Laws, Delivery Partner assumes all risk of damage or loss to its equipment;
- You shall not use a vehicle other than your registered vehicle to provide Shipment Delivery to Users, which must at all times meet all applicable vehicle standards as updated from time to time, including possessing the relevant roadworthiness certification in your jurisdiction. You shall use vehicles in good operating condition and compliant with all Applicable Laws. You shall keep records of all vehicle registrations and inspections and shall provide the latest version of such records upon request;
- You shall at all times comply, at your expense, with your legal obligations in respect of insurance (including but not limited to compulsory third-party motor vehicle insurance for any vehicle used to provide Shipment Delivery, if applicable) and maintain, at your expense, such other policies as someone providing Shipment Delivery would prudently maintain.
- You shall maintain, at your expense, any other minimum insurance cover which Lalamove requests you to hold, including but not limited to a valid third-party motor vehicle insurance policy, which insurance policy/policies shall include provisions to cover risks attendant to commercial usage of the vehicle, and a general liability insurance policy at levels which satisfy:
- the minimum requirements that apply to entities providing services similar to private carrier services in the jurisdiction in which you are registered to provide Shipment Delivery;
- any other minimum standards imposed by Lalamove (as notified by Lalamove from time to time) for continued accreditation as Delivery Partner and Use of Software in Clause 2 above.
In order for Lalamove to confirm your ongoing compliance with these requirements, you will, upon request by Lalamove, provide copies of any relevant insurance policies and insurance certificates of currency and or other equivalent proof of insurance. If, at any time, you cease to hold a required insurance policy, you must immediately notify Lalamove of this change in your circumstances and cease providing Shipment Delivery;
- You shall obey all Applicable Laws related to Shipment Delivery and will be solely responsible for any violations of such Applicable Laws. You shall not accept any requests where the nature of the service solely contemplates the movement or carriage of passengers;
- You shall obey all Applicable Laws related to Shipment Delivery and will be solely responsible for any violations of such Applicable Laws. You shall not accept any requests where the nature of delivery is solely the movement of passengers;
- During the course of your work, you shall follow and comply with the Lalamove Community Guidelines: Community Guidelines
The Lalamove Community Guidelines apply to everyone who uses the Lalamove Platforms. Delivery Partners shall have sole responsibility to familiarize themselves with Lalamove Community Guidelines, as amended from time to time. The Delivery Partners hereby acknowledge that the Lalamove Community Guidelines are mere guidelines, and that the Delivery Partners, as independent contractors, are independently and exclusively responsible for the means and method of performing the Private Carrier Services, provided that such means and methods of performance do not result in claims, losses, and/or damage to Lalamove and/or the Users. Lalamove hereby reserves the right to revoke/cancel a Delivery Partner’s accreditation as such if its/his/her actions in the performance of the Private Carrier Services expose Lalamove and/or its Users to risk of claims, losses, and/or damage.
If Delivery Partner fails to comply with any of the above warranties and representations, Lalamove shall have the right to immediately temporarily lock or permanently deactivate the corresponding Delivery Partner Account. Delivery Partner shall bear all damages or losses arising therefrom. Delivery Partner shall also compensate Lalamove for all losses suffered by Lalamove, its affiliates, its partners, and/or any other third party due to Delivery Partner's failure to comply with the above warranties and representations.6. PAYMENT
Delivery Partner acknowledges that Users – not Lalamove – are responsible for paying all charges and fees associated with the shipment. Once the User and the Delivery Partner have verified that the Shipment Delivery has been completed, the User’s payment account will be charged. Lalamove reserves the right to change its prices charged at any time, at its discretion. Delivery Partner acknowledges and agrees that any payment received by Lalamove from the User pursuant to any Shipment Delivery is due to the information service provided through the Software. All incentives, rewards, and bonuses granted to the Delivery Partner shall be credited to the Driver Wallet.
As a Delivery Partner, depending on the services requested by our Users, you may be eligible to receive a combination of the fees stated below:
- Base fares - This consists of the distance fare incurred during Shipment Delivery.
- Order subsidies - This consists of the subsidies paid by Lalamove and is included as part of the basic fare, subsidies not limited to peak demand subsidies.
- Lala Coupon - This consists of the amount of promotion applied to a particular order. Promotions are typically given to Users and subsidized by Lalamove.
- Fees and other charges
- Priority Fee - This relates to the additional fees a User has committed to pay prior to the Shipment Delivery with an objective to encourage speedy fulfillment.
- Waiting Fee - This relates to the additional fees imposed to a particular order where Deliver Partners were requested by User to wait for goods receival or goods deliveries.
- High demand surcharge - This relates to the additional fees imposed to a particular order to encourage Shipment Delivery during super peak hours. Lalamove retains the discretion to define super peak hours during non-peak season based on operational needs.
- Minimum surcharge - This relates to the shortfall between the calculated fare and the pre-determined minimum fares. Lalamove reserves the right to amend the minimum fares from time to time.
- Toll fees - This refers to the tunnel and toll charges you have incurred during Shipment Delivery. This shall be claimed on an actual cost basis and shall be mutually agreed on with the User.
- Order charges - This relates to other fees and surcharges in relation to the value-added services requested by the User. This category includes items, but not limited to, moving fees, purchase service surcharges etc.
- Peak season surcharge – This refers to an additional fixed fee imposed charged during the holiday season, where there is an extreme disproportionate ratio between the demand for private carrier services and availability of Delivery Partners.
- Lalamove initiatives
- Offline marketing retainers - This relates to the amount Lalamove pays you in return of you agreeing to affix offline marketing materials, such as stickers or decals, bearing the Lalamove brand or logo onto your vehicle. Dimensions, design, and position of said offline marketing material on the Delivery Partner vehicle is to be determined by Lalamove. You further agree that you will cooperate with Lalamove's offline marketing material retention check when requested. Failure to comply may lead to offline marketing retainers being forfeited.
- Driver-refer-user campaign - This is a campaign where you will receive monetary rewards after successful referrals of first-time users into the Lalamove platform. You will be issued a unique promotion code if you opt into this campaign, where you will be encouraged to distribute this code to third parties. In the event where there was a successful redemption of the promotion code to a completed order originating from a new user, you will be rewarded as per the rates defined by Lalamove. Lalamove reserves the right to revoke rewards if we reasonably believe there are attempts to defraud Lalamove through this campaign.
Delivery Partners shall be required to furnish Lalamove a security deposit as per the Security Deposit Policy. Link here
Delivery Partners shall have sole responsibility to familiarize themselves with Security Deposit Policy before paying the security deposit.
By creating a Delivery Partner Account, you agree to accept and receive electronic communications from Lalamove including via email, text message, calls, and push notifications to the mobile device or cellphone number you provide to Lalamove. You understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or devices which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of Lalamove, its affiliated companies and/or third-party contractors, including but not limited to communications concerning orders accepted through your registration with respect to the Services. You may opt-out by changing your notification preferences. Please note that opting out may impact your use of the Services.
For the mutual benefit of both Lalamove and all Delivery Partners including you, from time to time, Lalamove on your behalf may offer promotions to some or all Users that may have the effect of Users paying you a lower amount than would otherwise have been the case, and where a promotion applies, you agree to provide Shipment Delivery to the Users at the lower amount. Where a promotion applies and where applicable, Lalamove will reduce the value of its fees, as provided under Clause 6 herein, by an amount equal to the value of the promotions.
While using or accessing the Software, you may enter into correspondence with, purchase goods and/or services from, or participate in promotions of third party service providers, advertisers or sponsors showing their goods and/or services through the Software. Any such activity, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such activity, is solely between you and the applicable third party. Lalamove and its licensors shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such correspondence, purchase, transaction or promotion between you and any such third-party. Lalamove has no responsibility or liability arising from any agreements between you and such third party providers.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
By providing content, information, or materials, except personal information, (“Delivery Partner Content”) to Lalamove, you grant Lalamove a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such Delivery Partner Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised, without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity, except as may be limited under Applicable Law.
You acknowledge that Lalamove only acts as a passive channel for the distribution of the Delivery Partner Content and is not responsible or liable to you or to any third party for the content or accuracy of the Delivery Partner Content. Lalamove shall not be continuously monitoring Delivery Partner Content published by you, nor shall Lalamove be under an obligation to do so. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any remarks, opinions, comments, suggestions, and other information expressed or included in the Delivery Partner Content do not necessarily represent those of Lalamove.
Any use by you of the Delivery Partner Content is entirely at your own risk. You represent and warrant that any Delivery Partner Content posted or transmitted by you is original to you and does not copy the work of any third party or otherwise infringe any third party intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or personality rights and does not contain any defamatory or disparaging statements. Furthermore, you represent and warrant that you have the capacity to grant the license as stipulated in this paragraph.
You agree to indemnify and keep Lalamove, its affiliates, and licensors indemnified against all costs, expenses, damages, losses and liabilities incurred or suffered by Lalamove or its affiliated companies related to any Delivery Partner Content posted or transmitted by you or your other use of the website, the Service or the Software.
Lalamove respects your rights to your ideas. Please do not submit any confidential ideas, information, or suggestions in any form to Lalamove or any of its affiliates. For any ideas, information, or suggestions you do submit, regardless of what your communication regarding your submissions says, you understand that your submissions are voluntary and the following terms shall apply to your submissions: (i) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of Lalamove, without any compensation to you; (ii) Lalamove has no obligation to review your submissions; (iii) Lalamove may implement and distribute any portion of your submissions and their contents for any purpose in any way, without any compensation to you; and (iv) Lalamove has no obligation to keep your submissions confidential.
You may use information on the Software purposely made available by Lalamove for downloading from the Software, provided that you:
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents and make no modifications to the information;
- use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media; and
- do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such information.
Delivery Partner further agrees and acknowledges that it will not and cannot hold Lalamove liable for any issues beyond Lalamove’s direct control, including any acts of god, loss of power, disruption of power, shutdown, or technical difficulties with the Software, system maintenance, failure of other cellular reception, failure of other service providers, cancelation of services by other third-parties, pandemic, epidemics, outbreaks, the COVID-19 pandemic, strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, hostilities, war, natural disasters, flood, fire, sabotage, accident, loss or destruction of property, intervention by governmental entities, change in laws, regulations or orders, or other events or circumstances or analogous causes.
The Services are provided "as is" and "as available." Lalamove makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, or availability of the Services or any services requested through the use of the Services, or that the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Lalamove does not guarantee the quality, suitability, safety, or ability of third-party providers. You agree that the entire risk arising out of your use of the Services, and any service or shipment requested in connection therewith, remains solely with you, to the maximum extent permitted under Applicable Law.
Lalamove does not control, manage or direct any third-party providers. Third party providers are not actual agents, apparent agents, ostensible agents, or employees of Lalamove.
Lalamove does not control, endorse or take responsibility for any Delivery Partner Content or third party content available on or linked to by the Services. Lalamove cannot and does not represent or warrant that the services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
14. TERMINATION OF SERVICES
Termination or deletion of Delivery Partner Account by Delivery Partner shall comply with the procedure and fulfill the requirements set out in Delivery Partner Offboarding Policy. Delivery Partner shall have sole responsibility to familiarize themselves with Delivery Partner Offboarding Policy before requesting to terminate or delete its account.
In case the Delivery Partner wishes to use the Service again after leaving or after having been off-boarded, he/she must again undergo the process of application as a Delivery Partner and pay the required security deposit defined upon re-joining. Lalamove reserves the sole right to accept or deny any application as a Delivery Partner.
16. NO WAIVER
17. GOVERNING LAW
20. LANGUAGE VERSIONS
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and any regional language version, the English version prevails.
Lalamove Community Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) was developed to enable a great experience for users, drivers, walkers, riders, merchants and businesses of the Lalamove app, the Application Program Interface (API) and Lalamove Plus (collectively referred to as “Lalamove Platform”), and for them to feel safe and respected, while ensuring service quality.
Our Guidelines apply to everyone who uses the Lalamove Platform including, but not limited to, users, drivers, walkers, riders, merchants, and businesses. It is also applicable for all interactions anyone may have with Lalamove employees and contractors through online support systems or over the phone.
In addition, in some instances, our guidelines apply to conduct outside of the Lalamove Platform that we become aware and have knowledge of, including, but not limited to, information received from other platforms, especially when such conduct may threaten the safety of the Lalamove Platform.
We warmly invite you to join us to support and provide a welcoming environment for everyone on the Lalamove Platform.
Our Guidelines below will explain some of the positive community engagements on the Lalamove Platform, as well as the behaviors or circumstances that may affect your experience on the Lalamove Platform. Lalamove reserves the right to change, modify or update, in any way and at any time, our Guidelines, including the policies incorporated into our Guidelines. You are strongly recommended to read our Guidelines regularly. The Guidelines, which we will update regularly, is the basis for the behavior expected from everyone who uses the Lalamove Platform and is part of the Lalamove Community. Our Guidelines are periodically reviewed and updated.
Understanding our Guidelines is important. Not following any of our standards, as provided in the Guidelines, may be considered a material violation of the Terms and Conditions, and may affect your experience on the Lalamove Platform, such as loss of access to the Lalamove Platform and/or other consequences, as applicable.
Guidelines for all of us
Everyone who use the Lalamove Platform shall adhere to the Lalamove Community Guidelines.
Fostering positive communication and service during every experience is our main objective in our guidelines and policies.
Our team is committed to working constantly to make your experience, when using the Lalamove Platform, safer. Safety of our users, drivers and walkers are of utmost importance to us.
3. Follow the law
We expect everyone who use the Lalamove Platform to do their part in strictly adhering to relevant laws and regulations, as applicable.
We value your feedback, thoughts, and concerns and welcome your comments, provided they are expressed in a way that is respectful to us and our community. Our team is continually improving our Guidelines and policies, and your feedback is important to help us to take appropriate action to keep our Guidelines relevant to your experience on the Lalamove Platform.
Everyone in the Lalamove community shall behave like one would want to be treated - with respect, courtesy, and compassion. The approach you take while using the Lalamove Platform can leave an impact. That is why courtesy matters and why you are expected to exercise good judgement and behave decently toward other people when using the Lalamove Platform and interacting with others in the Lalamove community - just as you would in any other public place.
Late deliveries are problematic for both the recipient and the sender, therefore, always try to be on time to pick-up or drop-off your delivery. As safety is our top priority, you should always drive carefully within the speed limit and adhere to local traffic rules. You are strictly prohibited from contacting recipient or sender after the trip for any personal reasons. Even in a dispute, do not take matters into your own hands by yelling, using abusive language, slamming doors or any other unruly actions.
You are strictly forbidden from committing any form of sexual offence. You should never involve in any sexual assault and misconduct related to sexual conduct or behavior at all times.
Do not touch anyone you just met while using the Lalamove Platform unnecessarily. However, there are exceptions that are permitted for people needing or requesting physical assistance for the parcel to be delivered. Any kind of physical force is strictly prohibited.
Respecting personal space and privacy is something we all cherish. Having a casual talk would be fine as long the other party is comfortable chatting with you. Do not inquire about other people's personal lives or pass judgement on their appearance.
The following list provides examples of inappropriate conduct; however it is important to note that they are not exhaustive, sexual assault and misconduct can include any other conduct. These may seem stricter than other platforms but that is because we want to keep you as safe as possible when you use the Lalamove Platform.
- Do not ask personal questions. Asking personal questions and infringing into personal space are generally deemed inappropriate (for example, about relationship status, monetary or sexual orientation).
- Bear in mind that harassment differs according to societal and personal norms — for example, commenting on appearance may be offensive to others. This includes both derogatory or “complimentary” comments.
- Do not make explicit comments or gestures, including non-verbal gestures, which are sexual in nature or may constitute as sexual harassment, or may make others uncomfortable (for example, slurs, or graphic or suggestive messages).
- Do not flirt with anyone (for instance, non-verbal, being frisky, or being in too close proximity).
- Displaying indecent material is not permitted (for example, sexually suggestive objects or pictures).
- We strongly advise you to respect the privacy and personal space of other users. Texting or calling a recipient or sender outside of professional grounds may constitute as a breach to his or her entitlement to personal security and data protection.
- Content that is pornographic, sexually explicit, or involves sexual violence or assault should not be shown.
- Avoid violent and aggressive behavior at all times as Lalamove does not condone any form of violence or aggression. Everyone must not engage in aggressive behavior, such as arguing verbally, using obscenity or innuendo, or making threats or physical violence.
Angry or rude outbursts, aggressive or harassing behavior are strictly prohibited. Avoid using abusive language or making gestures which condones any form of violence, aggression, and disrespectful and inappropriate actions. Do not share graphic images, such as sexually explicit images or images which depict physical violence, with others in the Lalamove community, including sharing or distributing such images through Lalamove’s online support systems or in connection with a Lalamove Platform experience. While you might have different ideas or perceptions on topics such as religious belief and political choice, it may be a good idea to stay away from getting involved in such topics which can potentially be divisive. Everyone must not show any aggressive or rude behavior, including getting into verbal disputes or vulgarity or making threats or physical assault. In the event of the situation getting out of hand, never take matters into your own hands or escalate the tensions (i.e., harasses or makes threats whether the ride is ongoing or has ended). Always opt to notify the Lalamove Platform as soon as feasible if a problem arises. We intend to serve all parties fairly and will take appropriate measures.
Users, drivers, and walkers should maintain valid and effective communication methods to facilitate smooth delivery. Any contact and communication should end once the trip or delivery is completed. Contacting or stalking users after delivery is completed for any reasons online or offline is a form of infringement of personal space and privacy, and you could be subject to legal consequences including but not limited to criminal liability. Lalamove will not be responsible or share any responsibility for your action. For any return or lost item, the user can contact Lalamove via the Lalamove app. Unwanted contact, such as texting, calling, social media communication, visiting, or attempting to visit someone in person after a trip or delivery has been completed, can be considered harassment. The safety and security of everyone matter to us, hence do not share any unnecessary contact information. Unauthorized disclosure of personal contacts or information or delivery details is strictly forbidden.
We work to make sure you always feel safe and welcome. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination, conduct or harassment of any kind, including towards the Lalamove Customer Service team and Driver Operations team. In some jurisdictions, it is against the law to discriminate against someone because of:
- sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression;
- marital status;
- national origin;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- race and ethnicity;
- religion or beliefs;
- political views; and
- HIV Status.
Discrimination can be seen in the following ways:
- You shall refuse to provide services based on a person’s race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws. This type of action can lead to a loss of access to the Lalamove Platform. It is disrespectful to make derogatory or discriminatory remarks about a person or group whether or not the other party belongs to the group. Certain jurisdictions' laws may demand and/or permit the providing of services to and for the benefit of a specified group of people. Services that are needed or allowed by these laws and the relevant applicable terms are permissible under our Guidelines in such jurisdictions.
- Discriminate on the basis of these traits or on the basis of a pick-up or delivery location are not tolerated. If you intentionally reject or cancel requests, or use features on the Lalamove Platform to cancel trips or delivery requests, solely for the purpose of avoiding a particular neighborhood or the people or businesses in the neighborhood, it can lead to a loss of access to the Lalamove Platform.
The user must take extra care to ensure there is proper packing and protection of the document/parcel before handing it to the driver or walker for the delivery service. This may include protecting your package from impact damage during delivery with bubble wrap or non-movable foam padding.
Users should avoid requesting delivery using a service type that does not fit the item volume or capacity limit. Drivers and walkers have the responsibility to ensure the fulfillment of the order would not exceed the vehicle weight or volume capacity and/or pose a safety risk.
During the delivery process, the driver or walker is not permitted to damage, open, or unwrap any parcels or documents. Any loss or damage of products (parcel/document) during delivery is the responsibility of the driver or the walker. Drivers and walkers should offer photographic confirmation of delivery whenever required, so that others on the Lalamove Platform can see it.
When a user does not receive items or receives wrong items, it can lead to a bad and poor experience. Businesses should be careful to include the correct items in a Lalamove order.
High cancellation rates leave a negative experience for Lalamove Platform users.
Follow the requests of the order communicated through the Lalamove Platform wherever possible. If any deviation is necessary, please ensure communication is made to the user.
We believe that everyone has a role to play in helping to achieve and promote a safer and friendlier experience. Thus, we have standard requirements on account sharing, account holder age, and more as provided under this Guidelines.
Only you are permitted to access an account registered in your name. Account sharing is not allowed. To use the Lalamove Platform, you must register and maintain an active account. Activities performed on your account are your liability. Do not let another person use your account, and you may not share your account, password or photo of yourself with anyone. Never share your personal information used in connection with your account to access the Lalamove Platform. You are responsible for maintaining your own confidentiality and you are responsible for all uses of your information, even if you do not authorize them. Security of your account is your responsibility.
Subcontracting the delivery handling is not allowed. The driver or walker must complete all parts of delivery themselves (including any handling after the order is picked up from the user up until final delivery to recipient) as this is your representation to the user who booked the services.
If you are an individual, you must be at legal age or older to have an Lalamove account. Account holders are not permitted to request service for anyone under the legal age who will not be accompanied by the account holder or another adult during the ride or when submitting or collecting the delivery. These age restrictions apply unless our local Guidelines, terms, or other policies change.
Maintain the condition of your vehicle (including but not limited to any bikes, motorcycles, and scooters) in compliance with industry safety standards and local regulatory regulations. Except for walkers, make sure you only use the vehicle that is registered with Lalamove. To have a smooth and easy delivery, the Lalamove Platform gives users identifying information about drivers and walkers and their vehicles, which may include vehicle plate number, model, profile picture and name of the rider. It is your responsibility to update and resubmit your documents when they expire.
Only permitted vehicles must be used to accomplish trips and deliveries by drivers and walkers. At all times, you must have a valid national driver’s license and any other permits or license that the relevant authorities may require. You and your vehicle must also be covered with valid insurance as stipulated by local regulations and authority.
Drivers and walkers are expected to keep their vehicles in good and safe working condition to use the Lalamove Platform. You cannot be safe no matter how well you drive unless your vehicle is in good working order. You should preserve the condition of your vehicle by having it properly serviced. If it is not, your vehicle may fail you at a crucial time.
Read your vehicle's owner's manual thoroughly to learn about the maintenance plan and requirements for your vehicle. Maintenance schedules differ from every vehicle.
Conduct a vehicle inspection regularly, including to check for correct tire inflation, clean windows, headlights, and mirrors, fluid leaks, and windshield wiper blade wear as you go around the car. This simple practice will ensure a safe drive and will just take a few minutes of your time.
When seat belts are provided, we require that you always wear them, whether you are in the front or back seats, as it can be the most effective way to save lives and reduce injuries during a crash.
The use of helmet is required. Find a helmet that fits well whether riding a bike, motorcycle, or scooter for your safety. These helmets will keep you safe and protected while riding if you follow the manufacturer's directions, which include fitting snugly under your chin and sitting low on your forehead. In addition, a helmet protects you from the environment you are riding in to protect your skull or head.
Installing and using a dashcam are recommended, which can be used to record rides and provide evidence to Lalamove, law enforcement, or insurance companies in the event that something goes wrong on a ride to help determine cause or fault. Please be aware of the following:
- In certain circumstances and in some locations, local laws and regulations require a rider to provide consent for being recorded. Please review and check your local laws to understand your responsibilities and legal rights.
- Sharing or streaming personal data captured through your interaction with us, our user, our rider, in-vehicle audio and/or video recording during a ride (such as your image or voice or both, and its related metadata) on social media or in other digital or physical public locations is a violation of our Guidelines and may prompt further investigation by our safety team.
Operating a motor vehicle while drowsy puts you and other drivers on the road in danger. You must do your share to keep yourself and others safe, which includes keeping your eyes on the road, staying well rested, avoiding operating for long hours, avoiding sleep-inducing medications or consuming alcoholic beverages, so you can react swiftly to any scenario.
You must be aware of the importance of safety as a safe driver. Accidents can be significantly be decreased or even avoided if you have a good understanding of defensive driving. Defensive driving is a type of driving that employs a variety of approaches and tactics in order to keep you safe and avoid difficulties caused by other road users.
Defensive driving entails:
- Keeping your pace under control;
- Keeping an eye on the front and preparing for the unexpected;
- Being alert and unaffected by distractions;
- Being ready for a variety of other drivers' and pedestrians' actions and reactions;
- Expect the other drivers to behave differently than you would normally;
- Observing and respecting other motorists;
- Keeping a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you;
- Driving safely while taking into consideration (and/or adjusting for) weather and/or road conditions; and
- Preventing hitting the brakes in the middle of a bend, and adjusting your speed before approaching the bend.
Community emergency preparedness relies heavily on planning. Lalamove may take additional measures to try to alleviate and preserve the safety of our platform during public emergencies, including but not limited to natural disasters, public health emergencies, strike and public crisis situations.
For instance, if Lalamove receives notice from a government authority that anyone at all using the Lalamove Platform may present a potential harm to the public at large, we may temporarily suspend the individual’s access until and unless it is reasonably safe to allow the individual to resume using the Lalamove Platform. Similarly, we may prevent individuals in an entire city or region from using part or all of the Lalamove Platform or impose other requirements to comply with guidance from authorities during a time of public health emergency, natural disaster, strike or other public crisis situation, or when the continued availability of the Lalamove Platform may pose a grave and dangerous threat to the community.
Lalamove users should exercise good judgment and behavior around drivers and walkers and make them feel welcome. They should also provide a secure location for order pickups to avoid violent occurrences on the premises that jeopardize the safety of riders.
Alcohol deliveries can only be ordered and received by Lalamove users who are of legal drinking age or older and are not inebriated. Illegal narcotics, open alcohol containers, and weapons are prohibited. Please alert Lalamove and the authorities if you have reason to suspect the nature of the contents of your parcel to be goods and/or services that are not part of Lalamove's offerings, or are suspected to be unlawful and/or dangerous goods.
Everyone must comply with applicable laws and regulations and also with Lalamove terms and conditions, and policies. It is specifically forbidden to use the Lalamove Platform to perpetrate any crime, including drug trafficking, money laundering, sexual harassment, or to break any other legislation.
Avoid committing traffic violations or driving recklessly that may endanger the lives of yourself and other road users and pedestrians. This includes complying with regulatory or traffic laws, speed limits, obeying road signals and traffic lights. You should always wear a seatbelt or a helmet whenever required by the laws.
If you are a driver or a walker, do not drink or use drugs while on the job; you cannot drive or ride a bike while inebriated. Driving or biking while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance that affects your ability to operate a vehicle safely may be against the law. Illegal substances, open containers of alcohol and weapons are not permitted in your vehicle. If a user or member of the public believes you may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they have the right to end the booking immediately and alert Lalamove or the authorities. Drug use and open containers of alcohol are never allowed while using the Lalamove Platform.
Users and their recipients, as well as drivers and walkers, are strictly prohibited from carrying firearms from the time when handing the parcel to the drivers, bikers or walkers from the time or when receiveing the parcels from the drivers, bikers or walkers. .
Deception can weaken trust and also be dangerous. Intentionally falsifying information or assuming someone else’s identity, for example when signing in or undergoing a security check, is not allowed. It is important to provide accurate information when you report incidents, create and access your Lalamove accounts, dispute charges or fees, and claim for credits. Claim only the fees or refunds to which you are entitled and use the offers and promotions only as scheduled. Do not intentionally carry out invalid transactions.
Fraudulent activities may also include, but are not limited to:
- an intentional increase in the time or distance of a trip or delivery for fraudulent or other purposes;
- accepting order or delivery requests without intending to complete them, including encouraging users to cancel for fraudulent purposes;
- creating fictitious accounts or orders for fraudulent purposes;
- claiming fraudulent expenses, such as waiting fee or incidental clean-ups;
- claiming to complete a delivery without ever picking up the delivery item;
- picking up a delivery item and keeping all or part of it rather than delivering the complete order;
- actions to interfere with or manipulate the normal operation of the platform and the GPS system;
- abusing offers or promotions and/or failing to use them for their intended purposes;
- contesting fees for fraudulent or illegitimate reasons;
- creating incorrect duplicate accounts;
- using of unauthorized applications or means to obtain access or benefit to the platform; and
- falsification of documents, files or other data for fraudulent purposes.
To ensure that each experience is as safe as possible while remaining compliant with local laws (if any), all trips on the Lalamove Platform must be organized via the Lalamove application.
Drivers, bikers and walkers are forbidden to accept payment outside the platform that is not authorized for delivery on the Lalamove Platform.
For cash orders, users must try to bring the exact amount to cover the cost of delivery.
Drivers and walkers must always pay Lalamove's service charges on cash orders in a timely manner.
Act of stealing is not only not tolerated when using the Lalamove Platform; it is also a criminal offence. This includes, without limitation, deliberately depriving or misleading other parties on the platform for material or financial purposes.
Do not use Lalamove's trademark or intellectual property without authorization. Where local regulations require the display of Lalamove-branded items, drivers and walkers shall use only Lalamove-branded items obtained from Lalamove. Drivers and walkers should not present themselves as driving or delivering with Lalamove if they do not have access to the Lalamove Platform. Drivers and walkers should return items bearing the Lalamove mark (if applicable) to Lalamove if they lose access to the Lalamove Platform. The use of unauthorized or third-party items, such as lights, plaques, signs or similar items bearing the name or trademark of Lalamove, may create confusion among users.
Our team continually refines our Guidelines, and your feedback is important to ensure our Guidelines remain relevant as our technology evolves. Please assess your experience upon completion of each trip or delivery. Honest feedback helps ensure that everyone is accountable for their behavior. This contributes to building a respectful and safe environment.
If something happens, such as a road collision, you may report it by tapping Help in the app so that our Customer Service team or Driver Operations team can investigate and offer timely support when necessary. Before contacting Lalamove in the event of an emergency or if you find yourself in immediate danger, contact your local authorities or emergency services.
Users, merchants, drivers and walkers may all leave and receive ratings, as well as provide input on how the journey or delivery went. This feedback method increases accountability and contributes to the creation of a respectful, safe, and transparent environment for all. The app allows drivers and walkers to view their current rating. By opening the app and pressing the profile, riders can see their rating listed under their name.
Drivers, riders, walkers, and users who do not meet the city's minimum average rating may lose access to the Lalamove Platform. It is beneficial to be courteous and respectful to all individuals while using the Lalamove Platform and interacting with others in the Lalamove Community if you want to keep your average rating high. Most drivers and walkers provide outstanding service, and most drivers, walkers, and users are kind and considerate, therefore most deliveries go successfully. Individual ratings will not be removed if you contact the Lalamove Customer Service team or the Driver Operations team. We understand that sometimes a trip or delivery does not go as planned, which may cause a lower rating.
Provided you are a driver or a walker who has lost access to the Lalamove Platform due to poor ratings, you may be able to reclaim it if you meet the qualifying conditions and show proof that you have completed a quality improvement course.
To ensure a seamless operation of our system for all drivers, walkers and users, you are strongly advised not to cancel orders unless absolutely necessary (eg. Car breakdown / accidents). If you are unable to pick up or deliver a parcel due to an emergency, please call the sender/recipient immediately. Honour a booking you have made / accepted. This is very important in building confidence and encouraging more users, drivers and walkers to use the Lalamove Platform. More users means more jobs for drivers and walkers; more drivers and walkers means faster matching time for users, as a whole. If you regularly cancel successive trips or orders as a walker, a driver or a user, your experience on the Lalamove Platform may be affected.
In the event that drivers cancel orders frequently or violate Terms and Use, Lalamove may restrict drivers' access to Lalamove Platform for a certain period of time.
Your experience on the Platform may be affected if the above Guidelines are not followed. You may lose access to the Lalamove Platform and/ or other consequences where applicable if you violate any of the Terms and Conditions of Lalamove, or any applicable terms, conditions, or policies, including any of our Guidelines or any additional policies and Guidelines that Lalamove may communicate to you from time to time. If you have multiple Lalamove accounts, such as a user rider account and a driver account, breaking our Guidelines may result in you losing access to all of them. In addition, if law enforcement is engaged, we will help with their investigation in accordance with local regulations. If you lost access to the Lalamove Platform due to an error, please contact the Lalamove Customer Service or the Driver Operations team.
Lalamove receives feedback through a variety of ways, examines reports made to our Customer Service team or our Driver Operations team that may violate our Guidelines, and may conduct any necessary investigation. If we become aware of potentially harmful behaviour, we may contact you to investigate. We may put a hold on your account or make it inactive until our evaluation is completed, at our sole discretion.
Please offer photographic confirmation of delivery whenever required, so that others on the platform can see it. False or fictitious reporting is not permitted.
On the Lalamove Platform, different authorities and localities regulate the offering of specific services. We may be obliged to remove your access to the Lalamove Platform if we decide that your driver or walker account is not in line with applicable regulatory standards.
Finally, drivers and walkers interested in using the Lalamove Platform must go through a screening process specific to their locality, which may involve requiring the presentation of motor vehicle records and background checks if local legislation allows it. If one of these checks reveals a violation of our Guidelines or other requirements imposed by local regulators, a driver or walker will lose access to the Lalamove Platform.
Note: Lalamove's drivers and walkers are not agents (either actual or ostensible) or employees. Drivers and walkers are not bound by any authority (actual, apparent, or otherwise). They are unaffiliated third-party service providers.
Our Guidelines, terms, or other policies may change any of the policies described above at any time. Unless otherwise stated, the amended version will take effect at the time it is posted.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the translations and/or languages of this community Guidelines, the English version will prevail.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING THE LALAMOVE REWARDS PROGRAM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM.
The Lalamove Rewards Program (“Program”) is proprietary to Lalamove. These terms and conditions (“Program Terms”) are binding on all Users who have been approved by Lalamove as a member of the Program (“Members”), and Members agree and accept the Program Terms set forth and any changes to be made by Lalamove from time to time. These Program Terms shall be deemed a part of our https://www.lalamove.com/en-ph/terms-and-conditions (“Terms”). All capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the same meaning given to them in the Terms.
1. Joining the Rewards Program (Lalamove Rewards)
- 1.1 The Program is available only to end users (individuals) who are tagged as Non-corporate. Those who are tagged as CORPORATE accounts such as companies, partnerships, associations, groups or other entities are not eligible of the moment to join.
- 1.2 There is no joining fee. In order for you to join the Program, you are required to have an Account with Lalamove.
A. Must download Lalamove app
B. and create an account first
A. Go to the Main Menu
B. Read the Terms & Conditions
C. Accept it to trigger your application that will be processed by Lalamove.
D. Your Rewards Account (“Program Account”) will be activated soon after.
Lalamove reserves the right to decline any application for Rewards Program Account or otherwise discontinue your Program Account in its sole discretion without giving any reasons.
- 1.3 Your Rewards Program Account is personal to you. You cannot sell, exchange, transfer or assign your Rewards Program Account to any third party.
2. Earning LalaPoints
2.1 Once your Rewards Program Account has been activated, you can now use it to accumulate LalaPoints (“Points”) on your Rewards Program Account. If you are not registered and activated as a Member when you place your order, you cannot earn “Points” yet and cannot retro-actively reclaim it.
2.2 You can earn Points by placing orders. The amount eligible for Points earning shall be the actual spending amount only (net amount after deduction of any discounts, coupons). When you have completed an order, you will earn 1 (one) Point for each ₱10(Philippine Peso) as you spend on any Services provided by Lalamove, that is not an excluded item (“Base Points”). The excluded item includes all add on fees.
2.3 Lalamove may issue Points above the Base Points from time to time under the terms designated by Lalamove, at its sole discretion. (“Bonus Points”).
2.4 The Points you earn will be credited to your Rewards Program Account after the order is completed within 48 hours. In some circumstances, there may be a delay in updating your Points balance, but Lalamove will ensure to reflect the latest balance as soon as possible.
2.5 In the event of a refund/cancellation on your order, your Points earned from the corresponding order shall be deducted from your Rewards Program Account.
2.6 Lalamove reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the Points earning rate, excluded items and Points earning methods at any time. Lalamove may post a notice regarding any major changes on its Platform.
2.7 Lalamove reserves the right to revoke Points earned if, Lalamove believes in its discretion that such Points were earned through or in connection with any fraud, abuse of the Platform, or violation of any of the Terms & Conditions.
2.8 Points has no cash or monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash or be purchased. Points may not be sold, purchased or transferred to other Members or any third party.
2.9 Points will expire on a rolling 18 months period, for example, all Points earned on December 1, 2021 will expire on June 1, 2023.
3. Redeeming Rewards
3.1 You can use your Points to redeem various rewards (“Rewards”). The number of Points needed to redeem each Reward will be specified by Lalamove from time to time. You can see the Points required for each available Reward via the Platform.
3.2 Lalamove reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine or change what Rewards will be offered, how you can redeem a Reward, and how a Reward will be used, collected or delivered at any time. The different ways to enjoy your chosen Reward will be detailed in the specific terms for each particular Reward. It is important for you to read the specific terms before clicking the claim button. Your redemption of the Reward will be deemed your acceptance of the specific terms for each particular Reward.
3.3 Rewards cannot be converted back to Points. Once you have spent your Points to redeem a Reward, you cannot cancel, return or exchange the Reward.
3.4 Some Rewards are valid for use subject to the expiry date specified in the specific terms for such Reward. If you do not collect a Reward by the specified expiry date and time, both the corresponding Points and the uncollected Reward will be forfeited.
3.5 Rewards cannot be transferred to other Members or any third party. Rewards do not have any cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash, whether in whole or in part. Where the value of goods and services which you wished to redeem with such Rewards exceed the specified value of such Rewards, you shall pay the difference to the participating establishments (“Participating Merchants & Establishments”) concerned.
3.6 Issuance of Rewards in the form of dining or hotel coupons (but not limited to) does not constitute a reservation with the Participating Merchants & Establishments concerned. User is responsible for making reservations and notifying the Participating Merchants & Establishments of the coupons that you intend to use.
3.7 When applicable, delivery of a physical Reward shall be made to an address as stated in the user’s profile account. Delivery charges may be applicable at Lalamove’s absolute discretion. All deliveries shall be deemed delivered when sent by post or courier to such address, as Lalamove deems fit.
3.8 You shall be responsible for the examination of any Rewards immediately upon receipt. Where the Reward or its packaging is found to be damaged or defective or that the contents therein are incomplete, the Rewards should be returned to the Participating Merchants & Establishments concerned. It is utmost important to document the said damaged or defective good in the form of picture or video with a time & date stamp to provide supporting claims. Lalamove reserves the right to reject any request for the replacement of defective or damaged Rewards should the Member fail to return the same as set out in the above.
3.9 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Lalamove gives no representation or warranty with respect to any products and/or services featured in the Rewards catalogue, including warranty with respect to the quality of the Rewards, merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or fitness for any particular purpose.
3.10 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Lalamove shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by use of the Rewards or any product quality, warranty or suitability issues relating to the Rewards. Any disputes or claims shall be solved between you and the Participating Merchants & Establishments concerned and you shall not hold Lalamove liable for any acts of the Participating Establishments.
4. Personalised Offers
4.2 Your Personalised Offers will be subject to additional terms, which will be posted on the Platform, or otherwise notified to you. Lalamove reserves the right in its sole discretion to change such additional terms at any time.
4.3 Your Personalised Offers are for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any other Member or a third party.
5. Changes to Rewards Program and Program Terms
5.1 Lalamove reserves the right to make changes to any feature and Rewards Program Terms at any time, including (without limitation) in relation to any Rewards, any accumulation or redemption of Points, the Program Account application process, the manner in which the Program is operated or run, the Participating Merchants & Establishments, the excluded items, etc.
5.2 Lalamove may notify you of any major changes to any feature of the Rewards Program by SMS, Push Notification, Email, Social Media accounts, or by posting a notice on the Platform. However, it is USER’s responsibility to check the Rewards Program Terms regularly to take notice of any changes Lalamove makes, and you agree to do so. By continuing to use your Rewards Program Account after any changes to the Rewards Program Terms, you agree to Lalamove’s changes. If you do not agree to any of these changes, you will have the option to opt-out the Rewards Program at any time.
6. Rewards Program Account Balance, Termination or Suspension
6.1 You have the right to cancel your Rewards Program Account at any time and for any reason by contacting Lalamove at “HELP CENTER”. Upon your cancellation, your Rewards Program Account will beterminated within 48-72 hours, and all accumulated points and any Rewards that you have not collected will be forfeited.
6.2 If Lalamove plans to terminate the Rewards Program for any reason, Lalamove will provide at least 2 months' (60 days) prior notice, by posting the notice on the Platform and other communication channels to reach the USER. Lalamove will terminate the Rewards Program immediately without prior notice if such termination is required by any applicable law, court order or the rules, regulations or direction of any government, statutory or regulatory authority. Any accumulated Points that are not used or any Rewards that have not been collected before the date of termination shall be forfeited after termination.
6.3 If Lalamove reasonably believes that you have breached any of these Rewards Program Terms or the Terms, Lalamove may suspend or terminate your Rewards Program Account (with or without notice) and/or seek to recover from you any damages and losses suffered by Lalamove or the Participating Merchants & Establishments.
6.4 Notwithstanding any other provisions and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies stated herein, Lalamove reserves the right to deduct accumulated Points from your Rewards Program Account, refuse your redemption of any Rewards, or recall any redeemed Rewards under but not limited to the following circumstances:
- If any Points in your Rewards Program Account are suspected to have been fraudulently recorded or obtained;
- If any Points in your Rewards Program Account were erroneously awarded due to system glitches or any other reasons; or
- If any Points in your Rewards Program Account were awarded pursuant to a transaction, which has been cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed.
6.5 If your Rewards Program Account is inactive (you do not accumulate any Points) for consecutive 18 months, Lalamove has the right to cancel your Rewards Program Account (with or without notice). You will need to re-apply for a new Rewards Program Account if you wish to rejoin the Rewards Program.
7. Language version
If there is any discrepancy between the English version and any regional language version, the English version shall prevail.